If you are under the age of 70 and your Life insurance coverage has terminated within the last 60 days, you are eligible to apply for retiree life insurance.
Your retiree life insurance plan provides protection for you and your family at retirement, and includes the following features:
- Guaranteed issue – no medical questionnaire, as long as applicant meets eligibility requirements
- Lifetime coverage
- Full accident protection in first two years
- $10,000 basic life insurance benefit, reduces to $7,500 at age 70
- $5,000 funeral expense benefit
- $25,000 accidental death and dismemberment; coverage terminates at age 70
If death occurs as a result of an accident during the first two years of being insured under this plan, the full amount of coverage will be paid. For any other cause, the premium will be refunded. After 24 month, the full amount of coverage is payable for death due to natural causes. Benefit provides lifetime coverage.
Funeral expense benefit
Covers actual funeral costs up to a maximum of $5,000. Benefit provides lifetime coverage.
Accidental death and dismemberment
This benefit is paid if death occurs as the result of an accident. An insurance benefits will be payable for accidental dismemberment or loss of hearing, sight or limbs. This benefit terminates at age 70.
To be eligible to participate in this plan you must:
- be under age 70
- apply for coverage within 60 days of your date of retirement or the date when group life insurance coverage terminates
Monthly premium cost
- Rates depend on your age and gender. Monthly premiums are based on the current age of the applicant, and adjusted accordingly.
- Premiums are pre-paid monthly, with pre-authorized payments from your bank account.
A monthly premium quote is available upon request. Please contact the plan administrator at: